I have been working in the field of photography and graphic design for over 25 years. I started out as a desktop publisher for Graphic Reproductions in Dublin for 3 years before becoming the picture desk manager at Inpho Photography for a further 6 years. I left Dublin for Barcelona in 2003 and have worked as a freelance photo editor, location manager and photo retoucher for various photographers over the years. Throughout my time in Barcelona I have fluctuated between graphic design and photography. I have designed various websites. I love working with photography and text, flyers and posters being my passion. My most recent project was as the graphic designer for the current exhibition Liberxina in MNAC (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya). I am a visualist, I love creating images, whether it be through the medium of photography or design.
My pictures are available to purchase on Saatchi Art Gallery or you can send me an email also for particular projects or images. My work has also appeared in various publications including:
- – The Guardian Newspaper
- – La Mono Magazine, Barcelona – Urban Landscapes
- – 99U Magazine
- – Sparky Mag
- – The British Journal of Photography
- – Metropolitan Magazine, Barcelona
- MUSEU NACIONAL D’ART DE CATALUNYA (2018 – 2020)
Head Graphic Designer for exhibition Liberxina.
Graphic Designer for exhibition Oriol Maspons.
- CATHY LOUGHRAN PHOTOGRAPHY (2004 – 2020)
Photographic editor, retoucher, book design, blog and web design.
- BABEL NIGHTS (2019)
Photographer for world music festival Babel Nights.
- CIRC D´HIVERN (2014)
Poster designer for the show at the Ateneu in Barcelona.
- INPHO PHOTOGRAPHY (1996-2002)
Picture desk manager, photo retoucher.
- SPARKY MAGAZINE (2018-2019)
Sant Pol de Mar, Spain
- PATRICK BOLGER, PHOTOGRAPHER (2017)
- DEREK SPEIRS, PHOTOGRAPHER (2000-2002)
- GRAPHIC REPRODUCTIONS (1997 – 2001)